Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Indiana Pacers Lock Up 3rd Seed in NBA Eastern Conference - Always Miller Time

Thanks to the New York Knicks beating the Atlanta Hawks last night, the Pacers have secured the third spot in the Eastern Conference. They have already clinched home court advantage, but now adding the third seed to their accomplishments is a great thing for this team.

I fully believe and Pacer fans should believe this is the third best team in the Conference. A playoff series win is next on the agenda for this Pacer squad.

But, now the question is do you rest the players for these next two games? If I am coaching, I say go ahead and play the normal minutes your guys would play. There are some young legs on this team, and having played three games in a row, I think there’s not much of a sign that the team is tired.

I am also a believer in the momentum idea. If this team keeps playing like they are, then good things will happen in the playoffs. They’re going to be off two days at the most anyways, which would be a normal break in the season. Therefore playing out these last two games is key.

I also feel that Darren Collison needs time to adjust to his bench role, now that he’s back from injury and the move was made for him to be the back up. I don’t think it’s going to hurt George Hill to play some more with the starters since that’s the plan going forward.

Of course, if a guy can’t go these last two games, and feels he needs the rest, then do it because we’ll need all the guys for this playoff run. I say playoff run because I feel like the Pacers will be making some noise in the playoffs beyond the first round. Any more playing time they can get going is key to me. I am sure Coach Frank Vogel will make the best decision for this time, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see the normal rotations happening.

Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment