Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Indiana Pacers and Orlando Magic Game One Reaction - Always Miller Time

I wanted to make sure I slept on this one, and got all my thoughts together on what I thought about this game. I realized I feel the same way as I did last night, and that’s the feeling that I am not worried….yet.

Sure the ending of this game was horrible and the Magic just took control to win the game on an 11-0. But before that, good things happened. The defense of the Pacers was great, especially with Roy Hibbert in the middle blocking nine shots. I thought he had a shot at a triple double if he could have just got one more block.

Some guys need to close out better on the shooters, but I think that will come around in game two. The Magic defense was good too, especially when they forced Danny Granger into a back court violation. Then the traveling call on him when Glen Davis was guarding him. But then again, this is a Granger who hadn’t played in a week, so he’ll need to turn his game around for game two.

But this is game one of a possible game seven series, so losing the first one at home is bad, and I understand that. Still, there’s no panic in me, and I think the Pacers will pull it together and win game two. I thought this series could go as much as six games anyways.

You knew the Magic would play with a sense of urgency with Dwight Howard, and now the Pacers are hopefully realizing that. Now if the Pacers go down in game two, then I’ll join the rest of you who are in panic mode. So talk to me on Tuesday, and let’s see what reaction I will give.

Tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment