Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ex-Boiler Robbie Hummel works out for Indiana Pacers - Indianapolis Star (blog)

Growing up in Valparaiso, Ind., former Purdue forward Robbie Hummel spent his time rooting for the Indiana Pacers and the Chicago Bulls.

Hummel got an opportunity to wear a Pacers practice jersey today when he worked out for them at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

And Hummel worked out in front of the coaching staff and front office officials with his surgically repaired knee feeling good and with him possibly playing the basketball of his career.

"I feel like shooting the ball wise, I've been very good," he said today.

Hummel dealt with two torn anterior cruciate ligaments in his knee during his career at Purdue.

Those days are behind him. The knee brace is gone and now all Hummel wants to do is prove that he's an NBA-caliber player. He said he's worked out for 11 teams so far.

Hummel, who thinks he'll be a small or power forward in the NBA, is likely a second-round pick at best in the June 28 draft.

"I go out to every workout and try my best, that's all I can do," he said. "I've proven my knee is healthy. Hopefully I'll get selected, but if I don't there are other options."

Kim English (Missouri), Kenny Gabriel (Auburn), Orlando Johnson (UC Santa Barbara), Doron Lamb (Kentucky) and Quincy Miller (Baylor) also worked out of the Pacers today.

The Pacers have the No. 26 pick in the draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment