Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Guillen: Dwyane Wade's insult would've 'guaranteed a fight' - USA TODAY

By J. Michael Falgoust, USA TODAY

Dwyane Wade should consider himself lucky that he doesn't play baseball for the Miami Marlins or that Ozzie Guillen isn't his basketball coach.

During the third quarter of a 19-point loss to the Indiana Pacers in Game 3, Wade had a heated altercation with Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra. Wade had only five points on 2-for-13 shooting as they fell behind 2-1 in the series.

VIDEO:  Wade fights Spoelstra in timeout

Wade later acted as if he had amnesia when asked about the incident after the game. Guillen told reporters that he would've made sure he remembered.

"I would kick his (butt). Listen, we have a job to do. I'm not going to say I'd kick his (butt). They will kick my (butt) because they're bigger than me and I'm older, but I will take my chances," Guillen said. "Players have to understand what kind of job we have. Some players think they know baseball more than you do.

"That's disrespectful. Why he's saying it, when he said it, that's none of my business. But the player come out and say something (like that to me), he will guarantee a fight."

No comments:

Post a Comment