Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pacers' Hansbrough: Going with goggles - Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers power forward Tyler Hansbrough is going old school with a new look to protect his right eye.

Hansbrough will be sporting Rec Spec goggles with a headband for tonight's game against the Atlanta Hawks.

Hansbrough missed the fourth quarter of Monday's game against the Philadelphia 76ers after being hit in his right eye.

"I just got scratched in my eye and it was a little blurry," Hansbrough said Tuesday. "I went to the doctor and got it checked today. It's still a little blurry, but it should be ready."

Hansbrough didn't plan to wear the goggles, but he took extra shots while wearing them Tuesday at practice and said he liked how they felt. The goggles look like an upgraded version of the kind former Los Angeles Lakers big man Kurt Rambis wore in the 1980s.

The headband will prevent sweat from running down his face and fogging up the goggles.

"I just put them on as a little joke, but I actually like them, so we'll see what happens," Hansbrough said. "I don't know (how long I'll wear them). I'm trying to figure it out now. We'll see. I'm just using them so I don't get another scratch in my eye again because I really don't want to leave the game."

The coaching staff and Hansbrough's teammates liked his new look. "I hope he keeps it. I don't know if he will," coach Frank Vogel said.

Mike Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment